Roll Forward enables the system to automatically copy specified time data from one timecard to the next. The My User Preferences screen allows users to specify which timecard entries are rolled forward (copied to the next timecard). The timecard data for the selected preferences is rolled forward when the user opens a timecard. For example, if one day is completed on the timecard for the current pay period, and the user selects a future pay period from the timecard pay period pick list, the timecard is considered to be created, and only the data from the single day on the current timecard would be rolled forward. Even if additional entries are made to the current timecard, they will not be rolled forward, since the next timecard has already been created.
To access this screen, hover over the ADMIN icon, and then click on the User Preferences navigation link.
The settings on this screen include:
- Roll Forward – The Roll Forward check box must be checked in order for any timecard data to roll forward.
- OvrAcct1, OvrAcct2, OvrAcct3, OvrAcct4, OvrAcct5 -(All aliased fields) – These are the override accounting codes used by your organization. From the pick list aligned with the particular override accounting code, select Yes to have the codes roll forward or No to not roll forward.
- Pay Code – Select from the pick list.
- Productive = only productive pay codes roll forward. These usually include pay codes for regular hours and are defined by the Productive pay code group.
- Non-Productive = only Non-Productive pay codes roll forward. These usually include pay codes for leave and holidays
- All = both productive and non-productive pay codes roll forward.
- Daily Hours – Select from the pick list.
- Yes = roll forward the Daily Hours entries, either the start/stop or elapsed times.
- No = Do not roll forward the Daily Hours.
- Override Accounting Cache Days – This field specifies how many days you want the override cost accounting usage kept in history.
- Maximum Rows in Cache – This field specifies how many different override accounting lines you can have in your my Detail History. This setting is controlled by your system administrator.