Comm100 Live Chat allows you to auto-fill pre-chat fields based on the value of custom variables. If you are using custom variables, you can populate pre-chat fields with the variable values automatically.
For example, if you have a custom variable detecting whether the visitor is accessing from mobile, you can pre-populate the pre-chat field in the chat window with the value.
This article introduces the steps to set up pre-chat fields based on the custom variable.
Step by Step Instructions
To auto-fill a pre-chat field with the value of a custom variable, you need to map the field with the variable.
To set up the pre-chat field, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Comm100 Control Panel.
- From the left navigation menu, go to Live Chat > Campaign > Pre-chat. If you are using multiple campaigns, make sure to choose the correct campaign from the drop-down list.
- In the Fields list, edit the pre-chat field that you want to map with the variable.
- For system fields, keep the Field name or Display name the same as the variable name.
- For custom fields, edit the Display name to make it the same as the variable name.
- On the Edit Fields drawer, click OK.
- Click Save.
The value of the custom variable appears in the pre-chat window after your changes are saved. You can preview the chat window to test the result.