Comm100 Live Chat Google Analytics Integration enables you to record visitors’ live chat actions as events in your Google Analytics account. You can check the action reports in Google Analytics and gain insights on how live chat affects your conversion. Follow the guide below to set the integration up and analyze your live chat effectiveness in Google Analytics.
Integrate Comm100 Live Chat with Google Analytics
- Log in to Comm100 Control Panel.
- In the left navigation menu go to Live Chat > Integrations & API.
- On the Integrations & API page, go to Google Analytics, and click Settings.
- Turn on the Google Analytics Integration toggle key.
Make sure that:
- Both the Comm100 Live Chat code and Google Analytics tracking code are installed on your website, and the Google Analytics tracking code is placed before the Live Chat code.
- You’re using the embedded chat window.
Live Chat Data You Can Get in Google Analytics
Comm100 Live Chat Google Analytics Integration automatically records live chat-related actions as events in Google Analytics.
What does it mean?
Number of pre-chat surveys completed by your visitors
Number of chats that happened on your websites
Number of offline message forms completed by your visitors
Number of invitations popped up on the website, including the triggered auto invitation and manual invitation
|Online Button Click||Number of times your visitors click on the chat button when your team are online|
|Offline Button Click||Number of times your visitors click on the chat button when your team are offline|
|Post-chat||Number of post-chat surveys completed by your visitors|
Make Use of Comm100 Live Chat Google Analytics Integration
- View Live Chat Actions in a Given Time.
- Check How Live Chat Affects Your Goal Completion.
- View Live Chat Action Reports by Page.
- Track Live Chat Actions in Real-Time.
View Live Chat Actions in a Given Time
Live Chat actions are recorded under the Comm100 Live Chat event category. You can check the number of each live chat action that happened at any given time.
Check How Live Chat Affects Your Goal Completion
Comm100 Live Chat Google Analytics Integration offers you insights on whether live chat contributes to your goal completion. For example, you have a goal with the destination page as the purchase success page. By using the chat action as a filter of the goal completion, you can see whether chatted customers have a higher conversion rate.
- Go to the Goals Overview Page under Conversions and click Add Segment.
- Click New Segment to name the segment for easy recognition. In this example, we name it Chat Event.
- Click Conditions under Advanced and set the condition as Event Action exactly matches Chat(You can find Event Action under the Behavior section).
- Click Save to finish.
Now, a comparison report shows up. You can check Goal Conversion Rate and Total Abandonment Rate to see whether visitors who chatted have a higher conversion rate and lower abandonment rate than the others who didn’t.
View Live Chat Action Reports by Page
A report on the number of each live chat action received per web page is in place in Google Analytics for you to check and compare.
- Click Pages from Events under the Behavior menu in Reporting.
- Choose the Pivot layout style to bring up the page comparison report.
- Set Pivot by event Action to check how the number of each live chat action differs between pages.
Track Live Chat Actions in Real-Time
With the integration, real-time live chat actions are tracked in Google Analytics. You can see how many of your active visitors on the website are completing your pre-chat surveys, chatting with your agents, submitting offline messages, and being invited to chat.