Offline Message window is used for your website visitors to leave offline messages when the status of the chat button is offline. Visitors can also choose to leave offline messages if they don’t want to wait for agents to answer their chat requests.
Although offline messages can be viewed in your Comm100 account, you can set them to receive them in your email addresses. Customizing the Offline Message window is easy. Follow the instructions to define your own offline message window.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log in to your Comm100 Control Panel.
- In the left navigation bar, click Live Chat.
- Select a campaign from the Campaign drop-down list. If you have multiple campaigns, choose the correct one from the Campaign drop-down list.
- Go to Offline Message.
- Choose whether to open the Use default offline message window or Redirect visitors to a custom page when visitors click on your offline message button.
- If you select Use default offline message window, set the Title and Greeting Message.
Note: If you want to set up the Title, you must use the Popup type Chat Window.
- In the Fields section, click the Add a Field link to add new fields.
- Set the Visible, Required fields to collect the information you need.
- Define your email addresses to where visitors’ offline messages will be sent to.
Note: If you are using Enterprise Edition and Routing Rules is enabled, you need to set up the email address under Settings > Departments, edit each Department, you will have the option to define the email address to receive Offline Messages of that department.
If you also use custom Routing Rules, you can set up the email address to receive the Offline Message when visitors fail to be routed based on any custom rules.
- Click Save.