Comm100 provides a series of measures to ensure information security. With IP allowlist, you can protect your system against unauthorized use by restricting agents’ access to a set of trusted IPs. When enabled, your Comm100 account only accepts logins from the IP addresses you added to the allowlist, thus reducing the risk of information leaks. For example, you can disable access from outside the office by adding only the office IP addresses to the allowlist.
Step by Step Instruction
To add authorized IP addresses, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Comm100 Control Panel.
- From the left navigation menu, go to Global Settings > Security > IP Allowlist.
- Turn on the IP Allowlist toggle key.
- Under the Allowed IP List tab, click New IP Range, and input the Start IP and End IP.
- (Optional) To enable IP allowlist for access from Comm100 mobile app, turn on the IP Allowlist for mobile access toggle key under the Advanced tab.
Notice about the Use of IP Allowlist
After IP Allowlist is enabled, only authorized IP addresses on the allowlist have access to your Comm100 account. Your agents cannot log in to Comm100 if their IP address changes, for example, when they work remotely.
- When agents log in to the Comm100 Control Panel or Agent Console from an unauthorized IP, they are prompted to contact admins.
- When admins log in to the Comm100 Control Panel or Agent Console from an unauthorized IP, they have the option to authorize the current IP. If the admin chooses the authorize option, the system sends an email for IP authorization to the admin, and the admin can click the link in the email to authorize the IP.
If the IP addresses of all agents’ have changed, the admin can authorize the current IP first, then add the new IP addresses of agents to the allowlist.